Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Dear Gerry... You've Got It Coming" (1985)

English-Language Spartacist No. 36-37 (Winter 1985-86)

“Dear Gerry... You’ve Got It Coming”

[letterhead]Spartacist League/U.S.
Box 1377 GPO, New York, N.Y. 10116

17 November 1985

News Line
Flat 8
155 A Clapham High Street
London SW4 7SS

279 Alexander Palace Road
London N22 4BJ

Dear Gerry:

We fought for many years. I find no pleasure in your present pass. I don’t know what you’ve done girls, but I do know what you’ve done with politics and you’ve got it coming.

I think it went wrong back in the RCP. You were ungovernable and ill-advised.

About the American Party Cannon came to believe that the greatest thing C.E. Ruthenberg might have done was to uphold the work of Louis Fraina, not become the “general” secretary. British communism was stillborn from its inception.

I am sorry for you, if you didn’t help kill those 21 Iraqi Communists. And if you didn’t, I wish you well.

[Signature]
James M. Robertson


cc. Mike Banda
c/o News Line
21 B
Old Town
Clapham
London SW4 OJT